Prayer, Expenses and Pain

 
For the past 3 months I've been in extensive prayer. I have been closer to Heavenly Father in these past few months than ever before and I have been humbled.
 
First, I had to speak in Sacrament on "The Battle between Pride & Humility", so I had to prepare spiritually for a talk. An incredible 4 weeks of prayer, fasting and studying on this subject allowed me to feel the depths of humility in a way I had never felt it before and I am extremely grateful.
 
Second, my care went through extensive mechanical work these past few months which included a new rack & pinion, new thermostat, new starter, a change of transmission oil, a new battery, 4 new tires and a 4 wheel alignment and balancing of tires. Expensive service but it needed to be done. My car is 12 years old. 
 
Third, I had to go see my dentist. For those of you that do not know me, the dentist is my nightmare. I have had extensive dental work done...a root canal, 2 new crowns and new fillings. I do not like to go to the dentist but they needed to be done. Unfortunately after my root canal from last Wednesday, has been in dreadful pain. To avoid an abscess from appearing and a horrifying infection I was put on antibiotics. But the deep extensive pain is still there. Today I received a Priesthood blessing and since I believe in these blessings I know Heavenly Father will take care of it.
 
Three months of many challenges, expenses and pain, but like I always say, "This too shall pass". Prayer can cure all ailment and faith can move more than just mountains.
 
 


Comments

  1. glad it was your car and not care that needed so much...lol! you've been through a lot-I can sympathize with the dentist bit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts