Bittersweet Time with Mom

For two weeks I had my mother with me visiting from Pennsylvania. It was a bittersweet visit seeing my mother decline in mental health. She is 81 years old and I saw how she is shaking her head a lot more than before and her hand tremors were so much more vivid than last year when I was at her house. I conversed with my brother about this and I encouraged him to have her tested for Parkinson's Disease and Dementia. I also noticed how she has forgotten a lot of the present and the past. It hurts me so much to see her this way since she is an avid runner and marathon winner in several major marathons. I pray for her and that my brother who is her main caretaker may have patience and much unconditional love to care for her.

This photo was taken two years ago


This photo was taken this week with my granddaughter



Comments

Popular Posts