New Look To an Old Shelf

I hope it's better on your side than how we are here in Ohio. It's been warm but with gloomy skies and nonstop rain for this Thursday. But one thing that I have been doing amidst all the rain was getting much of my cleaning, purging and redecorating done.

 For this new year, I have finally completed my first painting project. On Monday I tackled restoring the beauty of my kitchen shelf. I was so tired of the dark maroon colors that I went to the extreme, from dark to light. 

The colors I am going to use inside my home are gray's, whites and creams with accents of black. Having clean light colors that will make my home refreshed and of course modern. I have posted here some before & after picture taken from different angles of the kitchen.

Here is the before pictures of my shelf.


Here is the after. 
I sanded the entire shelf with my mouse sander. It took all the paint off and I painted the bottom of the shelf with a prime/paint (2 in 1) in a satin base. Then I stained the top with a very light pecan color stain.


Before


After


Before


After


Before


After


Before 


After


Beautiful

Comments

Popular Posts