Forgiving and Forgetting, Personal Thoughts

Are families forever? You bet cha!

I grew up without a dad to guide me and protect me as I became a woman. That distance between us took a lot of me as a child and through the years my heart became hard and unforgiving. After I married my husband and became a mother my heart started to soften through the years. Once I was baptized and the Lord became my guiding light, He taught me to forgive and forget through prayer. So through the past 32 years, my love for dad began to grow and not until he realized the error of his ways, our hearts did not unite.

In total, my dad had 9 children from 4 different women, as of today there is one brother we have never met that lives in Meze, France. He is one year younger than me. Out of the other 6 children, my two brothers in Florida and I are the only three that are close to dad. Unfortunately, my other siblings chose not to practice forgiveness and forgetting.

Here is my dad with my little brother Robert and Robert's son Eladio. Eladio is autistic, but he is such a loving soul.  I hope someday the rest of my brothers and sisters can forgive dad and enjoy the love we are enjoying today.



I love you, dad.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts