Plant Regrowing, Great First Harvest and Some Free Stuff

Good Day Everyone.

Well Summer has arrived but this heat does not make this my best time of the year, I prefer Fall or Spring. These sunny days are surely making our plants greener and smiling with happiness.  I had the great time this last week cutting my first little harvest of cilantro, basil and oregano. I just love these herbs and spices for cooking.

But I first want to tell you of my regrowing romaine lettuce from the base of 2 romaine lettuce plants I cut up some romaine to make my salad and I remembered seeing on youtube that you can regrow romaine lettuce by putting them in water or dirt. So I thought I would try it. I put 3 toothpicks on the top part of the lettuce trunk and I floated them in water. Within days I begin to see the new leave coming up. This was my plant and it did get very big and very full, so I ended up eating it in my next salad. So this last Monday I planted it in pots and it is growing again. I hope you can try this the next time you cut up your romaine lettuce.

Picture 1 of 2

picture 2 of 2

Here is my first picking of my cilantro. It is not much since it was grown in a small pot in my balcony.

 

Here is my little bit of basil that I picked this week. I just love cilantro and basil for cooking. 


Look at my oregano plant its growing beautifully. 



And this last week I got 18 deodorants for free thanks to a $1 off manufacturer coupons and a $1.00 sale at Drug Mart Pharmacy. So happy for that.


I hope your week continues to go great and until next week, have a great day.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts