Uniting with God through Meditation & Meditations Physical Benefits


Meditation is an old ancient  way to obtain peace and focus.

This quote is stated by Stanford University:

“Meditation is mind without agitation,” Narasimhan says. Stress creates agitation and is something most of us deal with on some level. And it’s increasing, given the rising use of anti-anxiety medications, notes Stanford University researcher Emma Seppälä. Meditation allows people to take charge of their own nervous system and emotions. “Studies have shown improved ability to [permanently] regulate emotions in the brain,” adds Seppälä, who is also the associate director of the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education at Stanford. “It’s very empowering.”

Here are some benefits a person receives by practicing meditation.

  • It improves concentration
  • It encourages a healthy lifestyle.
  • The practice increases self-awareness
  • It increases happiness.
  • Meditation increases acceptance

    • Meditation reduces stress
  • It slows aging
  • The practice benefits cardiovascular and immune health

As you see meditation has its benefits and it is great for the body. But for the heart it has many  benefits.

I personally feel much peace and a closeness to my Heavenly Father when I meditate. I feel His Spirit while being more alert and aware of His still small voice as it guides me to His place of righteousness. Through the day He guides me in all my daily affairs, he leads me into an assurance of tender loving care, He gives me the stability to hold on to the iron rod and He becomes my rock of peace . Everyday when I stop in the middle of the day to pray and meditate I receive His love and peaceful rest from a very busy morning. 

So if you pray start  & end your prayer in silence for about 5 to 6 minutes searching for His guiding peace and Spirit before you begin or finish...the results are amazing. 

Comments

Popular Posts