Easy to Make Arepas (Spanish Tortilla)


When a desire for arepas comes along there's nothing I can do better than to make my homemade ones.

My Arpeas are made from gluten free flour, non dairy butter, salt and a hint of sugar. Lightly grilled on my Cuisinart Panini presser or skillet, then dressed beautifully with fresh organic spinach, a sliver of organic firm tofu, tomatoes and melted dairy free provolone cheese. It is absolutely delicious.

Here is my recipe: 

2 c. gluten free flour
1 tsp. salt- and 2 pinches of sugar
3 tablespoons non-dairy butter (softened)
1/3 c. melted non dairy butter

Mix flour & salt. Add melted butter, mix well and then add slowly the milk. Add more milk if needed to the dough mixture. Knead gently then spread the arepas in your hands, place them on a hot pan (med. heat), then turn them over just to brown them lightly, that's it.
Easy and scrumptious!...enjoy.

From My Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!

Comments

Popular Posts