Things We Often Take For Granted

 
In life we often take many things for granted. We feel that many things in life we have now will  always be there. What we never think of is...what will happen if we can't have it anymore?
 
One of the many things I truly love is a nice piece of my homemade crust bread.
 
 
Its fluffy on the inside and crusty on the outside, just the way I like it with some nice melting vegan butter. But unfortunately I found out a year and a half ago that I was very allergic to yeast and for the past 10 years I have been a vegan because I am highly allergic to dairy and meat. That meant no more crusty homemade bread, no more crusty pizza slices, no bagels, no crackers, no dinner rolls, no dairy, no meat and no more baked goods will ever to be consumed again. I haven't had any of these delicious foods since my diagnosis, but I promised myself that whenever my doctor says to me that I only have days or hours to live...I am going to have as much bread, ice cream, and the biggest steak I can eat. I am going to die happy.
 
It may sound crazy to some people that I am blogging about things like this but I know that someday I will have that crusty bread again and all these foods I cannot eat, when I partake of it for the last time before I die. Until then I will enjoy flavorless yeast free bread, vegan dairy products and no meat...I've adjusted and so far no allergies.
 
 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts