Trash to Treasure #2

Several years ago I bought this chair at a garage sale for $2.00. My aunt used it for her writing desk and after she moved in with her daughter, the chair was returned back to me. This chair was sad looking and I felt it needed some help.

Since I bought a new desk for my office in which I just finished painting it and my old desk is going to  my grand-daughter's bedroom; so I decided this was the time to revamp this chair for her to use with the desk. The colors in the upholstery fabric match her bedspread and wall color.


This is the before:



This is the after:



I painted the leopard design on the backrest and painted the chair black.




I nailed some antique tacks in front of the chair to make it look nicer and  
I also reupolstered the cushion.





It came out great.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts