Treasured Photographs


 
This last January I spent the entire month organizing over 1,000 photographs on new acid free albums. As I was working on my albums I came across a photograph of both my deceased grandmothers.
The photo above is of my loving grandmother Suncha my father's mother. She finished raising me from the age of 9 until I was married. She taught me everything I needed to know on how to care for a house, cooking, washing, ironing and mending clothes. I miss my grandma so much and I would give anything to have her in my arms again.



This lovely lady was my mother's mother, Grandma Carmen. I never had the opportunity to live near her since we lived far away from her but she sure was a sweet lady. One thing I do remember today like it was 50 years ago, was that her house smelled so good after she would grind a batch of fresh coffee beans...freshly picked by my grandfather. That  great aroma traveled throughout the entire neighborhood  and it was divine. That aroma still lingers inside me and it was divine.


The lady below is my mother when she was only 20 years old. She was and still is very pretty.



And this is her now at the age of 74.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts