My Three White Dresses




My Mom bought me a white dress,
Not red or pink or blue.
She said it was a special dress
Like very other few.

There has been just one before,
A dress now put away
That I wore sometime ago
Upon my blessing day.




As a little baby clothed
In my first white dress,
My Dad held me in his arms
There to name and bless.




So pure and clean was I just then
With time to grow and learn,
About my Father's plan for me
My glory I must earn.

Now I've reached the age to judge
The wrong road from the right,
And I am here to be baptized
In this dress of white.


So once again I'm free from sin
The path is clear to me,
I'll grasp the rod and hold on tight
I vow with certainly.

Just as mud would stain my dress
Sin would stain my soul,
The key is to repent or bleach
For whiteness is my goal.




And if I try my very best
Then richly blessed I'll be,
Wearing inside God's holy house
White dress number three.


(my son & his wife after their temple wedding)


So today I make this holy pledge
I'll strive to choose the right,
Through this sacred baptismal ordinance
In my second dress of white.


(my grand-daughter before her baptism)


Comments

  1. then there is always that last dress of white when we leave this frail existence. Just said goodbye to my uncle dressed in his white temple clothes-so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard this poem before and have always liked it but your beautiful photos made it all the more special. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts