My Medical Update and a Lot More.



Life has been good here at home. The weather is fabulous and I am recuperating well. I am now driving again and yes I have been stopping at some great rummage sales. I picked up some beautiful hand made lamp shades which I am now looking for 2 lamps for my bedroom dresser. I picked up 3 nice wheat plaques for my living room and some dishes that I will post soon. I love hand carved wooden vases and pottery and I found a beautiful one for $1.00 that I couldn't resist buying.

Last week I finally got my new glasses which I desperately needed.  It had been 4 years since I had my eyes tested and I really needed stronger lenses.  I am so happy I can read again. After my back surgery I had to also purchase a new recliner. The one I have now is shot and it is asking to finally be put to rest. JC Penny's should be delivering my new remote controlled and heat massaging recliner any day now. I can't wait for it to arrive... I am so excited. It is so difficult for me to sit in an uncomfortable chair and getting up from it is difficult too. But once I am up I can't stop...I am like the energizer bunny.

My Mom went back home yesterday. She is very sweet but her memory has deteriorated a lot in the past 2 years. She would often forget it was time to eat and she would forget many times what we talked about a few hours before. But she gave great back rubs at night and they were divine.

My cleaning girl has been such a great help keeping the house sparkling clean and she will be with me for another month before I stop her services...by then I should be able to do it on my own. I haven't been to church for 6 weeks now but I am going to attempt to sit for the entire Sacrament service next Sunday. The only thing about my back right now is that I need to lay down for at least 30 minutes before I can sit again for a while longer.  So if I cannot attend all the meetings at least I can go to our Sacrament meeting. I miss going to church so much.  I'm feeling better and I hope to continue recuperating well. P.S. Thank you Linda for the beautiful roses.

Comments

  1. good for you...sounds like a great recovery

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that your mom could be with you! Sounds like it helped both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts